Welcome to My Blogg:

covering school, marriage, and the rest of my life!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Catch up - AGAIN!

So, here I go again, playing catch up on this blog of mine! It actually hasn't been a full year since my last post - but pretty darn close! 
So since May 3,2013 so much has happened! 

John's family visit:
First though, John's family did come and John was still in leave! We had a lovely belated-birthday celebration with a cupcake Heimlich and homemade waffle bowls. The bowls were very labor intensive and were only successful after a few errors. I gave the reigns to my mother-in-law and her daughters. Of course they turned out awesome! 
We invited a few people over for cupcakes and a basic ice cream bar. We all had fun but Mathew was a bit too young to really enjoy himself. He loved the attention and the kids visiting. John thought I was ridiculous planning and decorating, but things looked great! I'll try to post some pictures. 





Mathew Walking:
While John's family was here, Mathew walked across the living room! He was working on it before but we only got a few steps out of him. He got into really walking after they left. It was hard to believe my baby was walking but I was so excited for him to do it - I really encouraged him! I was kinda tired of carrying him around and wanted him to have more independence. 

We also visited the Tunnel of Trees and had a picnic in Harbor Springs. 


We got to enjoy Tom's Mom's Cookies there, which are expensive but delightful! 

Family Pictures:
This is the only one I have access to right now, but it's a goodie and square cause it's from my phone.


It was awesome to explore more of my fancy camera... Did I write that I got one? I just looked back and I did. 
I do enjoy taking pictures and even ended up taking a class to shoot manually! I love being able to take pictures when I want and making things look good. Only wish I had it right after Mathew was born to get better newborn photos! 

Ok... Good update for tonight. More later - I have a whole 9months to catch up on! 

No comments: