Temps dropped soon after Thanksgiving and have pretty much stayed below freezing. The ice came as the lakes froze quickly and EARLY!! The boat left for Chicago for Christmas trees around the first of December, came back for a week and then never returned to home port till February. I saw John sporadicly at best and most of our own making. For example, John was spending two nights in the Soo and Mathew, Dinah, and I drove up to stay an evening with him. What a crazy trip, in freezing weather, just to spend one night together.
The hardest time of my pregnancy was those three months. I hated snow, I hated ice, I hated commercialism that all kept my husband away, I hated the boat and the command. And I hated most not being able to do anything about it...
We did still have some fun times when he would randomly show up for a night or weekend.
Cookies for Christmas tree ship while John was home on leave during on-load.
Mathew trying to fit in a cruser at a neighbor's prince and princess birthday. He was the only prince and would not wear his paper crown I made him.
Keeping with tradition of having a real tree I searched to find a cut-your-own place. We got a smaller one to fit on the craft table to stay out of little hands.
Mathew and I got to see Santa at National Bank in Cheboygan. Mathew did well sitting with this guy. There was this parade but it was too cold to really watch so we met up with a friend at Pizza Hut afterward.
On a quick visit, John did take Mathew sledding. He loved it! I took two videos and Mathew loves to watch them. He loves being outside and playing in the snow.
I was able to get some hand-me-downs from a fellow Coastie wife. This little gem was in that box! I am glad we got to come back to Michigan, just hating the wicked weather and secluded area. Driving 45 min to over an hour into work for just a few days was stressful! Icy roads suck!








No comments:
Post a Comment