Welcome to My Blogg:

covering school, marriage, and the rest of my life!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quick Christmas Eve and Lonely New Years

I tried to make the most of December. We were able to decorate and put the tree up before John left. We also started our Advent stocking calendar and put that up too. I finally purchased the Fisher-Price nativity scene and put everything up but baby Jesus. 
Work kept me busy most of the month planning an open house, which was poorly advertized by my employers. I did end up with two whole weeks off and well, if I wasn't so prego, I would have went home. 
The boat let John come home for the evening of Christmas Eve. As we were unsure of him getting any time cause he didn't request any... (as he did for Thanksgiving/deer season although I would have preferred Christmas...) we were thankful for what we got. He got here during Mathew's nap and as I wanted to see the joy of Christmas morning on Mathew's face, we set up presents and our stockings for when he woke.

I video taped him getting up and all that is heard is 'wow' and 'ah' - he went straight to Daddy underneath the tree. Mathew seemed excited and most enjoyed the new Snoopy toy John's mom sent. It went in a circle on a sled. He laughed so hard and wanted us to play it over and over. 

Before we opened presents, I brought out baby Jesus for our nativity and John read Luke 2. We played with the Shepherds and the angel and Mary and Joseph and the wise men. This will be a nice tradition to keep as long as we keep all the pieces of the nativity set. 
Mathew eventually got used to opening presents. He did good tearing off the paper. He didn't fully understand they were his. 
But by the morning, John was gone and the actual day of Christmas was sad and lonely. I saved two presents for Mathew to open in the morning but that was the extent of our fun. 
John was also not home for New Years. I did spend a fun early night with some Coastie wives and made my famous cheeseball. I didn't, however, get my New Years kiss and drinking my sparkling grape juice alone later didn't seem very fun. I went to bed early...

Bigger and bigger...
 

No comments: