Welcome to My Blogg:

covering school, marriage, and the rest of my life!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Thanksgiving and Deer Season

John took leave for Thanksgiving and the first week of deer season as he didn't think he would get Christmas off. We made the decision to visit my Aunt Karen, Kathy and other U.P. relatives. John also wanted to go hunting with my Uncle Tim.
He was able to get a class through the boat to get his license. He seemed so excited and kept talking about the rifle he wanted. Previously we discussed only having one gun in the house so I asked him how he was going to go hunting and with whose rifle. He had no clue but said he would find someone to borrow one. A week prior to his leave I asked again and he still didn't find anyone that he could borrow their rifle. So two days before we left I decided to make him happy and told him we could go to Jay's to get a rifle. A safe one that comes apart and can be away from little babies. This was another big deal for me but appreciated John's desire to hunt again. Plus it would really benefit my boys when they are ready. But I had mixed emotions as hunting is another hobby that will take him away from us and helping me. Oh and under $500... Besides an early Christmas present... 
So we went to Jay's - three hrs go by and I cave cause I am still prego, hungry, and been chasing a toddler around Jay's for 3 HRS!!! So he got his rifle - his $900 plus accessories rifle.... Not just a Christmas gift anymore - Christmas and his birthday and his Father's day and maybe Christmas again!! Not what I planned with a baby on the way... 
So we went to Escanaba for Thanksgiving, so John could spend a day in Tim's blind in hope of getting a deer and I spent a whole day out with Mathew... Now most would love a mommy and baby day out but I was too prego and barely get to see my hubby as it is. The things I do for love and to give my hubby what he wants. But it overall was a great time and I got to have Thanksgiving with my extended family. We ended up face-timing with my dad so he got to see his sisters! He really did enjoy it and so did they. Everyone loved Mathew and he was so spoiled. Here are a few pictures:
Elvis at the first restaurant we were at.  

Fancy restaurant where we ate our lunch. Mathew loved the fruit.
He didn't get anything but said he enjoyed himself anyway. 
Playing with Uncle Tim's Duck Dynasty hat sitting in the special chair Karen had. 
Our ride home on route 2... Yeah a blizzard and whiteout conditions! Winter was brewing... 

No comments: