So we waited for our stuff until July 10th! We went about two weeks sleeping on a twin air mattress and eating out of our camping gear. John's little time off was spent hanging out in an empty house and playing with Bug. I feel there was a lot time wasted as we could have been unpacking and getting settled. I was so frustrated as all was delayed and I was dealing with Bug during the hot afternoons without an AC. Luckily we knew some members who let us borrow a huge floor unit that kept us cool. Bug was still getting a heat rash everyday and spent all those days in just a diaper.... poor little guy! The moving company was no help. We did get some stuff from housing here... so that was nice.
 |
| kitchen boxes |
 |
| John wants to save them for our next move... |
Once our stuff finally came - all hell broke loose!! lol - only two guys came to unload everything so I felt bad having them stay and unpack. John was able to be there but ONLY because a part on the boat busted that delayed their schedule. If that didn't happen - he would have been gone and I would have literally went crazy. A neighbor took Bug for the afternoon so we could direct the movers at least were to unload and verify all our stuff got there in one piece. The only thing broken was the clutch on John's bike... so yeah - no riding that until fixed... OH and he still hasn't filled the claim so we may have to pay for it ... as the ship has overtaken his life and he has had no time!
 |
| John's other life.... |
I barely see my husband anymore... and I am the stay-at-home mommy.... My life has taken a huge turn-around and most days it drives me crazy. I find this SO hard as I want to be the one working and doing my job. I loved it and was good at it. I loved coming home to John cooking or just myself (and Dinah) when John was away - this mommy business, man, I work WAY harder AND lose sleep AND have no clue what I am doing!! I am just great full Bug is an excellent baby and happy most of the time.
 |
| Mr. Smiley! |
He is getting SO big... already 13lbs at less than 12 weeks! He is in 3 month clothes right now and is cuing like mad. We have a pretty good bond but sometimes I really need time alone to organize and to continue to unpack. I want to make a good home and these boxes are driving me nutz! At least the kitchen is done so essentials are taken care of. I do wish I had more help! Plus, I want to start losing baby weight and go to the gym or out running! I can't leave a baby alone to do that!
 |
| His just over 2 months shot on the mat... |
A nice lady from the Branch came last week and I was really thankful! We finished the kitchen together....
SO the Branch - Petoskey... yep, small and with a large area - just like when I grew up.... weird how things come back around into your life. I went by myself last week - the whole 45 minute drive! Bug and I did ok, but it did take a lot of get up and go on my part. I was really protesting - thinking one Sunday wouldn't hurt, but then thought - oh another Sunday and then another Sunday and then not going at all. I need to keep my spirit up and my willingness to go up!! I am going to need church to make it through here - I need the Lord's influence in my life here and to keep me going. Helping me see the bigger picture and that, in the long run, staying at home and raising Bug is the best thing right now.
He needs me and well, it is good to feel needed! He is my life right now and my ambitions will have to wait - for now... :) Plus, I would be lost to find someone suitable to watch him anyway!! lol...
No comments:
Post a Comment