- Emergency kits. We spent our extra savings on updating our emergency supplies. Food storage, back-pack 72hr kits, water supply, and canning equipment. John also took this to mean home defense. He bought a gun. It was quite a debate and I made John come up with a pretty extensive plan to introduce Mathew to it and to keep him safe. John was quite adamant about the whole ordeal so I allowed him to get it. I never grew up with guns in the house but I respect people who want them and handle them responsibly. I didn't want it in my house without a proper plan and education and a way to keep it out of little hands. It was hard for John to understand why I didn't want it, but it led to good discussions and open minds.
Mathew playing in the padding from all our Amazon orders.
- I took a photography class. I was really obsessed with cameras and taking good pictures of Mathew that (with our tax refund) I bought one with the help of a friend here. I convinced her to take the class with me at our local library. It was kinda lame and I didn't learn much. The teacher was nice but I was looking for something more advanced. I am getting pretty good at taking pictures now.
Mathew peaking behind Daddy, class photo shoot.
- Preparing for Mathew's birthday. Well, the whole month was spent looking on Pinterest for Bug themed parties. Finally I came up with A Bug's Life, the movie. I didn't find anything in stores for it - and believe I looked - so everything from the cups, plates, and wall décor was ALL made from scratch. I found some good friends to allow me to use their printers and copied pictures on-line.
So that catches us up to May - I have a separate post for May as it was Mathew's birthday and John's family came to visit. There was also SNOW on Mother's day, John marching in the Memorial day parade, and more construction around the house. I also took a friend's maternity photos so look out for that! But this should keep you happy till then!
No comments:
Post a Comment