So yeah, just like the title said: we have had snow in April. I will repeat - SNOW in April!! I am so ready for summer to come!! We had a week of hope with summer like weather but then a blizzard the next! During those days I felt alive and productive... But now, blah and ggrrr.
Oh and when the weather changed Bug got sick - really sick! His cough was back and worse it kept him up and he had a hard time breathing! I thought it was croup so I took him to the ER on Sunday! They gave us nothing as his lungs were clear and we made a follow-up with the pediatrician. She actually did something - finally! - and we left with a prescription of albuterol and prednisone! Finally something to help him recover and he started to get better.
Well, if Bug is sick - so am I!! Yep, I got it bad. Horrible cough and nasal congestion and fever!! Luckily John was in port so he took over caring for Bug.
Also - Bug weened! He refused to nurse and so he went on bottles with milk and formula! Amazing as I thought that nursing would last at least a year!! I felt free but really sick! I laid up in bed at least for two days and barely left it for another three. I hated being sick and again, nothing Dr.s could do. I still feel blocked in my nose and draining mucous and it all started over a week ago. This winter has been hell on my immune system!
Bug was able to get plenty of needed Dad time! He has not been doing well with Daddy's schedule and even got scared the last time John was home! I mean, wow, poor kid forgot his daddy! They were able to reconnect and John really liked that he was able to. I felt bad being sick as John had some time off and all he did was stay in and care for us... I guess Daddy's need time to relax too.
We did get most of the stuff done on our list even with all the sickness. I do love how John likes to get up early and get things done. I can be quite lazy and lose motivation so it helps me. Plus I like how he lets me sleep in while he gets up with Bug. I do love how we compliment each other.
We were still able to celebrate John's birthday! I told him he could get the saw he wants at Home Depot and Mathew got him an iTunes gift card. His sister gave him an Amazon gift card so he ordered Settlers of Catan. Hopefully its a good game!
Right now John is gone again on the boat - its now boey season so off they go putting things back in the water. They have a lot to do so they won't be back for awhile. Hopefully John can get off on Bug's birthday!
I have been frantically planning Mathew's birthday. So far the plan is to have a small family party on his actual birthday if John can get off the boat and then a bigger party when John's parents come. The theme so far is - A Bug's Life - from the movie! I am thinking characters on walls with a Happy Birthday sign and on cups and hats and all over! Plus, Heimlich's cupcakes! I hope it all turns out... There is nothing in stores.
I still can't believe my baby will be one. Time for baby two!! We'll see...


No comments:
Post a Comment