Man, I did it again. Months have flown by and I have not updated this. I did say I would be better at this so here goes:
Thanksgiving - we stayed here and ate with some Coastie families on the block. I baked a turkey and I was told it was one of the juiciest turkeys one guy ever had... Well, that thing took a lot of work so it better well have been juicy! I marinated it the day before with apple and grape juice, oranges and salt, baked it the next day loaded with butter and some of the juice, and added onions and carrots! I am proud of how it turned out as we were eating with some good cooks! The leftovers were good too! Oh and made my mom's cranberry chutney and sweet potatoes.
Sickness - Mathew had his first ear infection that weekend too. He wasn't sleeping right and stopped making his normal cuing noises... Yeah, good fun! I still don't think he's better from that yet.
Christmas - we stayed here in Michigan. John switched a duty day so he was able to be home. We brought that guy penguin cookies to thank him! Mathew experienced Christmas cookies, a Christmas tree, and presents! It was fun to watch him semi-crawl over to the tree and grab a present. And yes, he started crawling or scooting on the floor with one leg pushing him. He's mobile!
I started an Advent calendar this year too but still have yet to fill it with scriptures, songs, and stories! Its almost March and its still hanging on the wall! I made awesome felt stockings for it and hung it with clothes pins. I hope it lasts for a bit.
It was fun to be here for Christmas and it was a first for our little family. I missed my family though. I missed chaos of lots of people and everyone enjoying presents and singing around a piano. We sent out packages again based off the area and made our own Christmas cards with our own pictures!! We did really good getting them out on time!
New years - it was good. John still is not into celebrating and hates watching the ball drop. He wanted to go to bed and forget about it. I shouldn't have let it bother me but I love the 'new year firsts' concept: the kiss at midnight, the toasts, and the ball! For him to just shun that and drag me to bed made me really upset. So that lead to an 'eventful' evening and we finally zonked out at 3am...but I got my kiss and toast!
January and February - well the boat was gone and well, so was I! I saw John three days out of two months practically! You could count on one hand how many times I saw him. I went to visit my parents in Maryland cause I missed them and I was lonely. I said it was to help for Dad's surgery and to see Kristin before the baby came but no, I missed them! Plus, I needed a break from Bug. I needed a babysitter and time away.
The visit turned out ok but the typical family drama ensued. I felt like such a boss stirring things up and finding a sane place for my son to sleep and speaking with my little sister. Just why did it have to take so much drama... I did get to go out one night, got my hair cut, and see a movie so that helped immensely!
Sickness again - for me this time... I was sick the whole month of February! Then Bug was sick and then John.... Horrible! I ended up just suffering through a sinus infection as I went to the Dr's and again, 'nothing we can do'. Stupid viruses! It really was the worst! Mommy's do not get sick days!!!
Ok that about covers most of it. I will make a new post for other funness from our life. I will also post some pictures below so check those too... And I will keep trying to keep this updated!



No comments:
Post a Comment