Welcome to My Blogg:

covering school, marriage, and the rest of my life!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bug's 2nd Birthday

I was prepping for Mathew's birthday since before Ethan was born. I had already planned a Minion theme when Mathew started to get into the movie Cars. I should have changed it but I was already too far into the decor. 
Putting the favors together took the most time - just stickers and coloring pages but decorating them took the longest. 
And yes the smile is upside down... I think it made them friendlier looking but I didn't realize until someone else pointed it out...I also made the invitations but Mathew helped send them out.

John was still gone on the actual day and was bummed that his leave wasn't approved and that the boat was still out.

I decorated the hallway the night before and blew up balloons. He was still waking up when I took this picture. 
We had a morning of fun and party prepping. Everyone was coming over at 4pm for homemade pizza's and cake, plus various minion activities (the movie and pin the eye on the minion). 

The house was cleaned and organized for guests. A friend from church was supposed to help bake mini cakes and frost his bigger cake. She called and said she would be late so I found a recipe on-line for yellow cake and put it in the oven. She told me to line the cake pan with a mixture of crisco, flour, and oil so the cakes would come out without breaking. I think I put too much batter in the cakes so when I saw this in the oven I was worried. 

My friend finally arrived and said the cakes were perfect. I put the boys down for nap and got decorating and finishing party set-up.
Paper clips and printed robots on the cookies for the cookie bots. 

Mini Minion covers over the twinkies for shrink-rayed minions - and - Cheetos for caterpillars. 

Bananas for splits, apples for bapples, and strawberry jam for serum.

Mini cakes from Bake My Day bakery - frosted as evil minions. I also had anti-gravity serum (lemonade and frozen raspberries)!

Banner printed free on-line with a store bought table cover. 

Then Mathew's cake. It was john's idea to have a butt copy cake. It turned out well with a copy machine and eveything. Should have added a head but the butt is there and my friend decorated it alot better than I could have!! The evil minions were awesome! 
People started arriving so I turned on Despicable Me 2 and woke up Mathew. The movie kept the kids busy while I made the pizzas. Our house was a mad house for about an hr while I made pizza and everyone ate and and watched the movie. Ethan was passed around the guests and our old sitter kept an eye on Mathew. Cake time came and banana splits were served. 

Two butt checks for two candles! 

And then presents! He got so much good stuff and had a blast opening it all! 

All his new stuff, I had to leave most of it in bags as there wasn't enough time to fully go through it all. 

One tired two yr old! Where did the time go!?












No comments: