I was so nervous and scared for John to go. I kept fretting about the boys schedule and how I was going to handle two by myself, especially with Ethan being so young.
But he did leave and their schedule just miraculously fell into place. Ethan would sleep from 11pm to 4am, feed, sleep and feed again by 7 or 8am, and sleep till 9am or 10. Mathew would wake by 8:30 so we got one on one for breakfast. Then Ethan would wake, spend two hrs play, feed and nap for lunch. Mathew would eat lunch and then nap. I got a nap too if Ethan was still sleeping or he would feed-nap with me. Then Mathew and Ethan play time before dinner, Ethan asleep during dinner and both in bath by 8pm.
I was amazed at how it all worked and how smoothly Ethan fit into our lives. He turned out to be so patient and happy.
I did have alot of back and forth between the two but it always worked out, or they both didn't cry for long. I was busy...but also enjoyed it.
Ethan started to become very observant. He was patient as long as he could watch or be involved. He loved bath time with his brother, watching me get Mathew ready for bed, and loved looking at pictures for story time. The boys and I enjoyed the time together.
Mathew was a big help, most of the time. He threw away diapers, picked up burb clothes for feeding, and waited and listened when I needed him to.
He even shared his toys - well, most of the time. Mathew was turning into a great big problem.




No comments:
Post a Comment