Welcome to My Blogg:

covering school, marriage, and the rest of my life!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Shower

Work surprised me a week before my last day with a baby shower. As soon as I walked in that morning, I could sense something was up. Nancy talked about not using the conference room, I secretly saw gift bags, and people were all hushed and looking at me funny. They thought they could surprise me... this party was also my going away party. Nancy didn't think I would make it to my last day of April 27th. It was very nice of them, but I felt bad cause I expected it. I would have been upset if they didn't throw me one. Is that shallow of me or should I have expected it? Yes, shower me with gifts before I leave you! Weird, but it was a great time. Most of the people were there - all the women and one male MD... Dr. Dolan - but he is the chair, you would think he would come for my going away. I did expect Romanow and Anderson to be there as I was kinda close... but nope! Not even free food to lure them in!! But yes a good time and THANKS guys!
Here is Dr. Toh, Speechies - Caroline, Courtney, ? forgot her name, Lauren, Dr. Lee, ME, and Mary. Check out the lemon ricotta cookies and the carmel dip!!
Here is Jody, Megan, Barb, Marie, Tara (our 4th year), Sally, Donna, Mrs. R, Dr. Dolan, speechie Liz and Bonnie. Those chocolate rattles lasted a couple weeks after and were at my church baby shower!!

I didn't get pictures from my church baby shower - but had a lovely time. So many good desserts AND gifts!!  Mathew really scored big from both of these showers. All the clothes, cleaning, and little baby stuff came from them. We are truly blessed!!

No comments: